Your Trusted Phoenix Real Estate Lawyer for All Types of Property Litigation
Real estate disputes quickly turn sour. They often involve multiple parties, complex legal issues, and sizable investments that cause emotions to run high and pit competing interests against each other.
Sometimes, negotiation is not possible or ends in a stalemate, and the dispute escalates into litigation. If you are facing a property lawsuit, a Phoenix real estate lawyer from the team at Kadish & Associates Law Group can explain your options and guide you through the process.
We are based in Phoenix, AZ, but represent clients state- and nationwide. Call 480-967-2688 or fill out our online formto schedule a consultation.
Why Choose Kadish & Associates Law Group
At Kadish & Associates Law Group, our attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience in real estate transactions and litigation. Our team has represented various parties in residential and commercial real estate matters, including:
- Homeowners associations
We understand the costs and time involved in property lawsuits, so we always explore alternative avenues for dispute resolution. If litigation is inevitable, we will support you every step of the way.
We Speak Business
Gene Kadish, our co-founder at Kadish & Associates Law Group, is an experienced Phoenix real estate lawyer. He is also the former CEO of a company in the construction space. Gene understands the needs and challenges of modern real estate businesses—a knowledge that informs all aspects of his legal practice.
Our Real Estate Litigation Services
At Kadish & Associates Law Group, our attorneys handle all types of real property litigation, including:
- Commercial lease disputes:Arizona commercial lease disputes can have serious financial and legal consequences. We will assess all potentialities to protect your interests before pursuing litigation.
- Purchase agreement disputes:Disputes often arise after the parties have signed the contract but before the deal is closed, including earnest money and broker commission disputes. Our team can assist in such cases, as well as in post-closing disputes.
- Title and insurance disputes:Title disputes involve disagreements over who owns or has rights to a property. Insurance usually covers your losses, but sometimes it can cause further disputes. Buyers, sellers, and banks have competing interests in such cases; our real estate lawyers can protect yours.
- Easement disputes:Neighbors often disagree over easements and right-of-way issues, such as the scope of use, access limitations, and maintenance. Easement litigation in Arizona can be complicated and protracted, but we can guide you through the process.
- Misrepresentation:Our attorneys routinely represent clients who have bought real estate after the seller misrepresented or failed to disclose defects and other issues.
- Quiet title actions:When real estate ownership is contested, a quiet title action settles the dispute. If you have a claim to real property, we can explain your options and provide representation.
- Construction defects:Defects in properties decrease their value and may cause injury. Our real estate lawyers can examine any defects and advise you on the next steps.
- Adverse possession:If you have possessed real estate for ten years, you may be able to claim ownership. We can help start the process by filing a quiet title claim.
- Property partition actions:With joint ownership, it is often more cost effective to divide and sell the property and distribute the earnings among the owners. Our attorneys can assist in this process.
- Eminent domain, land use, and zoning matters:Eminent domain is the state’s prerogative to appropriate your property for public use without consent but with compensation. We can represent you to ensure the state respects your rights.
Real Estate Litigation FAQs
The following are answers to common questions we hear in our practice:
Does Arizona Require an Attorney for Real Estate?
Arizona law does not require that you have a lawyer when buying, selling, or building a property. However, real estate law is complicated, and mistakes can have serious consequences. A lawyer can help prevent complications, so hiring one is in your best interest.
What Does “Litigate” Mean in Real Estate?
Real estate litigation is the process of resolving property disputes in court. This includes a wide range of matters, such as disputes involving property ownership, landlord-tenant relationships, construction defects, and more.
Can We Sell a Property With Litigation?
Real estate can have multiple owners. If they disagree on whether and how to sell it, the court can divide and sell the property and distribute the proceeds in a process called partition action.
What Do Real Estate Lawyers Do?
Real estate lawyers advise, represent, and prepare paperwork for individuals and organizations in transactions and disputes involving real property.
Talk to an Experienced Phoenix Real Estate Lawyer
At Kadish & Associates Law Group, our attorneys can assist you in a wide range of real estate disputes.
We operate out of our Phoenix, AZ, office but represent clients nationwide. Call 480-967-2688 or fill out our online form to schedule a consultation. After-hours and weekend appointments are available upon request.