Corey Feltre is a commercial litigator with broad experience across numerous industries. His litigation practice has focused primarily on real estate and intra-company disputes. However, Corey’s wide ranging experience allows him to quickly grasp the particular facts of any business dispute and to develop creative, winning, and cost-effective strategies for their resolution. Ultimately, he is a proud generalist capable of handling almost any litigation matter that he encounters.
Corey graduated cum laude from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law where he received a full-tuition scholarship and was on the dean’s list every semester. While in law school, he participated at the Workers’ Rights Clinic, assisting in prosecuting wage theft cases, and he clerked at various law firms in Tucson and Phoenix while obtaining his law degree.
In the employment arena, Corey handles charges of discrimination, wage and hour violations, and litigation involving employee non-compete agreements. With regard to real estate matters, both commercial and residential, Corey has experience in commercial lease disputes, quiet title actions, adverse possession, construction defect cases, easement disputes, HOA litigation, fraud and misrepresentation cases, partition actions, and landlord tenant actions. In the business context, Corey has litigated intra-company disputes, defended business owners from alter ego claims for personal liability, litigated dissolution proceedings, as well as receivership applications, disputes with lenders and investors, and collection matters—on behalf of both judgment creditors and judgment debtors.
Some of Corey’s representative matters include:
- Obtained the dismissal of a receivership application over a family-owned real estate empire on grounds that the moving party failed to join necessary and indispensable parties.
- Negotiated a “walkaway” settlement in a trade secret and restrictive covenant case in U.S District Court, where the plaintiff was requesting an injunction and more than $10 Million dollars of damages.
- Successfully dismissed an ouster claim against a landlord operating a transient lodging facility.
- Obtained an arbitration award reinstating an employee discharged for medical marijuana use and awarding him years of backpay.
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Employment Law
- U.S. Federal Court District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Arizona Law School, Tucson, Arizona, J.D., cum laude
- University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania, B.A., cum laude
Professional Associations and Membership:
- State Bar of Arizona